Thoughts and Words

By Linda Lee Cooper

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Remodeling Down Under

No we aren't going to Australia, rather we are finally turning our basement into some expanded and comfortable living space. With a growing family that includes one spouse, one significant other and two dogs, Keith and I have decided to finish the basement and be more accommodating to their visits. It took some convincing on my part, but he is totally on 'board' now with the project. Our friend Denny Schultz is the expert and is working side by side with Keith as he has done in the past. I am in charge of the best part- making it pretty and comfortable. Here are some of the before photos I took. Despite my love of color (with my Cocina as proof) I promise the Pink Panther Pink walls are temporary. Right now we are deciding where the big windows will go as well as the general layout. We know there will be one big room finished into 'family room' space and we will have another bedroom of about 12X13 feet. Yes, it will have an 'egress' window. We are looking at flooring options too.

No comments:

Post a Comment